C37700 Forging Brass
Another wrought alloy, C37700 forging brass, earned its name because it makes an excellent choice for forging. With exceptional hot-working characteristics, it can be easily shaped and has good machinability and moderate strength.
C37700 is used for builders' hardware and in the architectural, consumer, electrical, and industrial industries. Some common applications include:
- C37700 Forging Brass Architectural hardware
- C37700 Forging Brass Door handles and decorative knobs
- C37700 Forging Brass Electrical covers and fuse bodies
- C37700 Forging Brass Fittings
- C37700 Forging Brass Mechanical components
- C37700 Forging Brass Specialty fasteners
Diversified Bronze has solid and cored bronze bars in 144" lengths. Other lengths and non-standard sizes are available.
C37700 is made up of 58-61% copper, 1.2-2.5% lead, and 0.3% iron. The best welding techniques include:
C37700 Forging Brass Properties
Rockwell B Hardness
Thermal expansion coefficient (@20-300°C/68-572°F)
Thermal conductivity (@20.0°C/68°F)
833 BTU in/hr.ft².°F